Platinum VPS is committed to delivering each of their clients with an excellent service as well as permission to access a free and open Internet. However, we also have legal and ethical responsibilities to the larger Internet, that require us to prohibit our network to be utilized for several purposes, which are pointed out below.
We reserve the right to make modifications to our Acceptable Use Policy any time. We will inform you regarding modifications in our Acceptable Use Policy via an email on your email address located on our database. In case we make any change to our Acceptable Use Policy which applies to your ability to work with the services we provide, you may terminate the services without penalty.
Reporting Violations of our Acceptable Use Policy
We will gather complaints and reports of violations of our Acceptable Use Policy on a 24×7 basis. If you believe you are the receiving end of any restricted activities generated from our network, you can report them to us by emailing at email@example.com. While we cannot guarantee that we will reply to each complaint separately, we will act on every complaint. In case you are reporting an Intellectual Property violation, kindly follow our DMCA Policy.
Our Responsibilities to our Customers
We will forward complaints to our clients, via the email address they have on record with us and give you a sufficient time to reply to the complaint prior to taking action to restrict, suspend or terminate your services, with the following exceptions:
» The claimed abuse is creating network or service interruptions for other clients on our network.
» We believe the abuse complaint is legitimate and that the abusive network traffic is still on-going.
» We are compelled to restrict, suspend or terminate services based on a order from the court or related law enforcement action.
Customer Responsibilities to Platinum VPS
We understand that many of our clients utilize our services as a part of a larger service offering which they offer to the end users. It is our preference to look at a collaborative procedure for solving network abuse. However, we have the following expectations:
» Make sure that your end users comply with our Acceptable Use Policy.
» Answer back within 24 hours to any and all abuse complaints we receive.
» Take reasonable efforts to recognize and suspend end users who seems to be violating our Acceptable Use Policy.
» Take reasonable efforts to stop repeating abuse issues, while recognized by our support team.
Violations of Acceptable Use Policy
We hold the right to restrict, suspend or terminate services for any violations of our Acceptable Use Policy, without notice. No refunds will be provided for any accounts that are terminated for violations of our Acceptable Use Policy.
1. Unlawful Activities – The services shall not be used in violation of any criminal, civil or administrative violation of any applicable local, state, federal, national or international law, treaty, court order, ordinance, regulation or administrative rule. This includes, but is not limited to:
» Fraudulent activities.
» Unlawful high yield investment plans, Ponzi schemes or linking to and or promoting this kind of schemes.
» Threats, harassment and abuse of any individual, organization or business.
» Terrorist websites or some other sites advocating human violence and hate crimes based on religion, ethnicity, country of origin, gender, or sexual orientation.
» Unlawful gambling activities.
2. Unsolicited Electronic Communications – The services shall not be used to send Unsolicited Electronic Communications, which is the sending of unsolicited communications, via electronic means, to any person or persons the sender would not know or have prior explicit consent to send the message(s) to. This kind of prohibited uses includes SPAM/UCE, blog spam, Facebook spam, twitter spam, etc. Furthermore, the service shall not be used to host any web site or application which is advertised via any unsolicited electronic communication.
3. Hacking – The services shall not be utilized for hacking, attacking, gaining access to, breaching, circumventing or testing the vulnerability of the user authentication or security of any host, network, server, computer, router, software, application without the express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
4. Malware – The service might not be used to distribute malware, viruses, root kits, password crackers, adware, key stroke loggers, and any other sorts of software usually considered to be malicious.
5. Phishing – The service shall not be used for any activities that are designed to gather private data under wrong pretenses.
6. Denial of Service – The service shall not be used to launch denial of service or distributed denial of services towards any computer system or computer network. Moreover, in case the service is attacked by a third party DDoS or DoS, we reserve the authority to instantly null route the IP being attacked, without prior notification.
7. Violations of Intellectual Property Rights – The service shall not be used in any approach which results in a violation of intellectual property rights. The process for submitting a DMCA complaint or counter-claim is outlined here.
8. Opt-Out E-mail Marketing – Opt-Out mailing lists are strictly prohibited. This includes any lists or databases purchased or perhaps taken from third parties, as the persons on such lists did not specifically solicit mail from you. Any mailing lists you have really should be genuine confirmed opt-in by nature. This requires a user to specifically request to be added to your mailing list. Moreover, any opt-in mailing lists must have an automated unsubscribe facility in which clicking on a link within the e-mail will immediately unsubscribe users from lists. Reply-to e-mail addresses to unsubscribe are known to be ignored and are unreliable, therefore not permitted.
9. Service Degrading Activities – Services shall not be used in any approach that degrades or disrupts any other clients ability to fully enjoy their services.